ExoHome Feature List¶
Features for End-user¶
When first launching the app, users will need to create a product account with their email, Facebook account, or Apple ID (iOS 13+ devices only).
After signing up, users without a product are redirected from the "Home" screen straight to the "Add Device" screen where they can then add their new product.
When adding a new device, users will first need to connect to the device's access point (AP) and then set up their device’s network settings, entering in their network's SSID and password.
We support multiple device types in one app. Users can control almost any smart home device. Each connected product is represented with a compact, feature focused interface for popular activities in what we call a “popit”. Users can control devices through the device popit. As an example, a popit for an air conditioner would display...
- Power control
- Temperature control
- AC mode
- Schedules action
- Fan speed
Schedules allow users the flexibility to manage their devices’ activity automatically, by defining when and how their product works. Moreover, the maximum limit for the number of schedules per device can be modified in app config. Your users can set the following items for a schedule.
- Start time
- End time
- Day (s) of the week to repeat Optional, can be a one-time schedule
- Device settings; for example, temperature to 24°C and mode to Cool
Groups allow users the flexibility to manage multiple devices, in a similar fashion to control a single device. Moreover, the maximum limit for the number of groups per user can be modified in app config.
With device sharing, owners can share their devices with up to 10 additional guests, which provides them controlling, scheduling and group management access.
- Invite a user via a shareable link. This will trigger a popup for the user to choose how to share.
- View and manage the device’s guest list.
Historical Data Chart¶
With the historical data views, users can view their device’s data for a variety of possible use cases. Maybe your users want to see what’s their recorded air quality in the past week or how much power their device is consumed month to month.
Users can set alerts and send Email/SMS notifications to the contacts while a device alert is triggered. ****Admin will need to enable this feature and set rules in admin page.
OTA is the Over The Air firmware update. It’s a necessary feature for today’s IoT application, so we provide a common interface for OTA function. Users can decide if they update the device firmware to the latest version by single or all devices under their account.
The device will be reset when the device is deleted so you don’t need to push the physical button to reset your devices.
Multi-language in App¶
With the ability of software localization, you can adapt to different markets. Users can choose their preferable language in the app.
Download User and Device Data¶
User can request their related data in app. Cloud will generate a report and send an email to the user with download link.
Seamless integrations with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT enable hands-free voice control of devices and communication with other apps.
We make the voice control integrations much easier by information model. It allows you to set your voice commands. After finishing your information model, you can upload it to Admin Site.
The types we support are as below.
Currently, we provide the following voice commands to interact with Alexa.
- “Alexa, turn on the <device name>”
- “Alexa, turn off the <device name>”
- “Alexa, set <device name> to <number percent>”
- “Alexa, increase <device name> by <number percent>”
- “Alexa, decrease <device name> by <number percent>”
The following commands can only apply to the devices with light function at this time.
- “Alexa, set <device name> to maximum”
- “Alexa, set <device name> to minimum”
- “Alexa, dim <device name>”
- “Alexa, brighten <device name>”
- "Alexa, make the <device name> whiter"
- "Alexa, set the <device name> to daylight."
- "Alexa, set the <device name> to fan mode."
- "Alexa, set the <device name> to <mode>.
- "Alexa, set the <device name> to 25 degree.
- "Alexa, make it cooler in here."
The types we support are as below.
- Air Conditioner
- Air Purifier
Currently, we provide the following voice commands to interact with Google Home.
- “Ok Google, turn on the <device name>”
- “Ok Google, turn off the <device name>”
- “Ok Google, set <device name> to <number percent>”
- “Ok Google, set <device name> to maximum"
- "Ok Google, set <device name> to minimum"
- "Ok Google, set <device name> to <speed_synonym>"
- "Ok Google, turn<device name> to <speed_synonym>"
- "Ok Google, up <device name> speed"
- "Ok Google, increase <device name> speed"
- "Ok Google, make <device name> speed higher"
- "Ok Google, down <device name> speed"
- "Ok Google, decrease <device name> speed"
- "Ok Google, make <device name> speed lower"
- "Ok Google, what is <device name> speed"
- "Ok Google, turn <device name> to reverse"
- "Ok Google, set <device name> to <mode>"
- "Ok Google, set <device name> to <number> degree."
Connecting to IFTTT, you can increase the power of your app by interacting with other service provided by other companies, for example, weather report, Google calendar and so on.
To publish an IFTTT service, you need to contact IFTTT people to sign a contract with them. The IFTTT fee will depend on the pricing package IFTTT provide.
Features for Customer Admin ¶
Device and User Management ¶
We have Device List and User List on Admin Site that allows you to have a whole picture of your devices and users. Device List shows device’s current status and history of errors and events. As for User List, it shows user’s email, role and their device events. The information on Admin Site helps you provide customer support.
DEVICE LIST ON ADMIN SITE
USER LIST ON ADMIN SITE
Firmware List Management ¶
You can upload the firmware for different models on Admin Site. Besides, there is a clear list shows the information of all uploaded firmware.
FIRMWARE LIST ON ADMIN SITE
- Customize Mobile App Theme
Without development background, you can still change the App theme by just a few clicks on Admin Site. The App theme will change to the new theme magically. You can also customize the content of your welcome email and page.
THEME MANAGEMENT ON ADMIN SITE
- Multiple Mobile App Style
To support different customer and product needs, ExoHome has bundled a variety of different page templates for your application’s layout. For example, you may want to include a product model image next to the device name, or to display in a grid layout instead of a list.
- Customize device control items- Information model
The information model is like a recipe for mobile application that allows you to put your own device behavior and UI design into the app without a mobile development background. You can config the control layout in the popits. It includes the information about how to read status from a device, how to write commands to a device, and the relationships between different controls. The APP engine will dynamically generate the UI of corresponding functionality through the information model.
By uploading information models on the Admin Site, you can make changes to your app's device UI without changing the app code.
INFORMATION MODEL LIST ON ADMIN SITE
Notification system allows you to send push notifications to end users when a certain condition is met. You can create a rule and customize the title and message of the notification for what you want to communicate with end users.
End User Behavior on App Analysis¶
We integrate Firebase analytics to provide you valuable insights of app usage and user engagement. The reports provide a better understanding of your users, how they interact with your products. You can provide great product experience by understanding user’s journey and their every action on app.