Setting Up Your Environment¶
Please note that we only guarantee the released sample code as a verified and functional app building environment. If you find a critical issue with your app, you can use the same environment as our released sample code to build your app and test again.
Install Node - https://nodejs.org/en/¶
- To start, we recommend installing NVM (Node Version Manager). Please refer to the NVM Repository to install NVM.
- Next in your terminal, install Node using
nvm install 10.
nvm install 10
- You can now check and make sure Node and npm have been installed.
node --version && npm --version
- For future use, you should set your default Node version with
nvm alias defaultand
nvm use default.
nvm alias default 10
nvm use default
Install Ionic - https://ionicframework.com/¶
- Install Ionic using
npm install -g cordova ionic.
npm install -g cordova ionic
- You can now check your version using
Note: You may see this update message after running
ionic info. If you want the Ionic CLI to check for CLI updates automatically choose "Yes".
Have more questions? Submit a request